Thursday, June 11, 2015

Catching Up On Posts

I'm currently recovering from battling the wind on 101 so I'm taking this time to catch up on the posts I haven't yet written for this trip.

I've had pretty good luck finding RV parks on a new app...RV Parky.  OK, three RV parks but I've liked them.  Especially the one I'm at right now.  But, more on this one later.

The one in Bakersfield, CA, Orange Grove RV Park, was my favorite until where I'm at now.  The next couple pictures are from Orange Grove RV Park...


  You'll know you're there when you see the weirdly shaped trees...



Between then (June 5, 6) and now (June 11), I've stayed at two KOAs because I was tired and they were close.  It certainly wasn't because they're inexpensive.  However, I will recommend the last one to families.  It's in Willits, CA and it's very kid oriented.  It was 101 degrees when I was there so it was rather quiet on all the play things.  There was a family of rabbits with many babies running around the miniature golf course.  I can see where families with children would love it.  I stayed there June 8th and it was before the wind, so a nice drive.  

I needed to move around after sitting inside my motorhome all day so when it cooled off a bit I went and talked to an older couple sitting outside their motorhome.  Turns out the reason they were outside in the hot weather was because their roof air conditioner was broken and it was cooler outside than inside.  Yikes!!!  Unfortunately, the only RV repairer in the area was closed on Monday.  

June 9th we stayed at the Mad River Rapids RV Park in Arcata, OR and it was ok.  There was a Mexican restaurant we could walk to and I liked that.  Since I'm not towing a vehicle it's a pain to have to undo everything after I've hooked up, so a restaurant within walking distance is a plus for me.  Also, it was cool enough to finally turn the generator off.  

I found the Mad River Rapids RV Park on RV Parky and it didn't look like the pictures on the internet.  It was ok and while I would stay there again, I probably won't.

Yesterday started out well.  I found a gas station first thing so I filled up and got back on 101.  We stopped for lunch at Sunset Family Pizza in Gold Beach, OR and the wind was already blowing by the time we got there.  The pizza was fantastic, by the way, and I highly recommend them.  

We were told that it would be windy the rest of the way up 101 and that was not good news.  I was thinking about driving 101 all the way up to Sequin, WA but not if I have the battle to stay on the road the whole way.  Maybe I exaggerate, but I don't think so.  Right now, as I type this, my motorhome is rocking due to the wind.  

We're at the Osprey Point RV Resort in Lakeside, OR and what a find!!!  I have a lake view from where I'm parked and it's lovely...except for the wind.  



There is a pub and pizza joint here so that's a positive.  We're surrounded by green trees and I'm loving it.  I had reached the saturation point for desert beige in Tucson and was needing a green fix and this place is doing that for me.



I have friends to visit in Vancouver and Battle Ground, WA, so I think that tomorrow I'll drive 101 to Reedsport, hook up with 39 until I-5.  My friend in Battle Ground says the winds are mild so that sounds pretty positive to me.

Having fun on the road!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment