Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Speaking of Cleaning Out

I started out on a relatively easy project last night...cleaning out my email account.  I had over 6,000 emails dating back two years.  Now it's down to a more manageable number and I plan to do a better job keeping the number down.


That started a trend though because those boxes of books I mentioned in an earlier post did make it into my car and to the used book store today.  I experienced highway robbery at it's finest for what I got for the books, but at least they're gone.  I don't have too many left in the house to sort through and I think that'll happen pretty soon because I'm on a roll now.




This is a partial view outside my computer room.  Notice the black umbrella rain chain to the left of the picture (sorry, I can't figure out how to insert an arrow)?  Isn't that clever...upside down umbrellas for a rain chain?  See the water pouring down off the white overhang?  It's not supposed to do that.  The water is supposed to be flowing down the rain chain.  I think I have a problem and I think I'm going to learn how to clean gutters.  If it would stop raining long enough I could do that.  Maybe tomorrow.


I'm having a tough time writing tonight.  I learned last night that a woman I used to be in a group with is in a coma.  She has an eating disorder, refused to get back into treatment and she appears to be paying the consequences.  She's had the eating disorder more than half her life.  I can't get her off my mind and I'm hoping for a miracle for her but I don't think it will happen because she's been in a coma for a week now.  


I need to go now and I hope to be back again tomorrow.  Today is actually Tuesday, I didn't finish my post last night.  


Happy traveling,


Jeana



1 comment:

  1. Jeana,

    Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she comes out of it ok, I realize the outcome has probably already come to pass since I have only gotten to this point in your blog..

    Erik

    ReplyDelete