Sunday, December 19, 2010

Being in a State of Indecision

Sorry for not posting for awhile…I’ve been in a state of turmoil and indecision. 

I had a wonderful time when I was in Tucson and, as usual, came away loving Academy Village and wanting to live there.  Then I return to the Pacific Northwest and my decisions and frame of mind change dramatically. 

I made an offer on a house for the second time this trip and got a verbal acceptance.  Last June, when I made my first offer, after receiving the inspection report I was able to get out of the offer.  Turns out it isn’t the model I really want.  I made an offer again largely because the price had been lowered considerably and it has solar power.  Due to some unethical shenanigans, some people came in behind me and got the house.  This occurred the day before I was to fly back to Seattle.  The morning before I flew back I looked at some other models but didn’t make any offers because I was upset about what had occurred.  I had decided that the house would work for me even though it wasn’t the model I really wanted.  The homeowner wouldn’t take a counter-offer from me, so I guess she got me good for backing out of the deal in June. 

A couple days ago I decided to make an offer on a model that I’ve been wanting for almost three years.  The offer contract was emailed to me yesterday and I’ve been in an indecisive state of mind ever since.  When I tried to print out the paperwork I found out that I was out of black ink.  So I plugged in my printer/scanner/copier and my computer couldn’t find it so I wasn’t able to print off of it either.  I purposely went to Office Max this morning to get black ink and came away with a new 2011 calendar and a 5” screen Tom Tom GPS ($100 off)…but no ink.  It was on the list I had in my hand, but I guess I didn’t read it.  I’m wondering if I’m getting a message here????  I need to print out the contract so that I can sign it and overnight it back.  I’m thinking that’s not going to happen. 

I think the turmoil/gut feeling is telling me something and I need to listen.  I think the message is to not buy the house in Academy Village.  I’ve been trying to figure out why and the main reason is price.  The house I'm thinking of making an offer on needs to be finished which means that I would have to buy window coverings for the whole house, adding more to the price.  If I’m truly honest with myself, I’ll admit that I don’t care for the heat of the Arizona summer.  I also think I’m trying to capture feelings I had in the past and I’m not having much luck.  The last couple trips down to Tucson when we’ve been landing at the airport, the first thing I notice is how brown it is.  Remember, I’m coming from Washington State and we’re known as the Evergreen State and I really notice the difference when I arrive in Tucson and I miss the green.  I also live across the street from a lake and I like looking at the water whenever I want. 

I also haven’t given up on RVing.  I think I just shoved it into the background, including this blog, and now I’m resurrecting both.  I don't want to be stuck in one place.  I feel sort of stuck now because the only way to get out of WA, on land, is over snowy passes and I don't do snowy passes. Living in the Southwest where you're not surrounded by snowy passes would make it easier to travel in the winter.  But, getting out of Washington before the snow is also another possibility.  

A number of bloggers show pictures of where they're at and many include water.  I just need to make note of those locations and get there.  

I'm not totally gloom and's my other Christmas Cactus in bloom.  It's a gorgeous sunny day here today and I'm enjoying it.  

I have two new followers and I'd like to welcome you to my blog.  The first is Karen and I'm not sure what your blog name is, if you have one.  Also, Kenny and Angela's Adventure /RV Life is Good.  Welcome.  I look forward to learning about your RV lives.

I hope that I haven't lost any of my followers.  I'm glad to be back and I'm going to catch up on each and every one of you.  Happy RVing.

More sunshine please,



  1. I've always felt that those inner urges coupled with outside events are sure signs that something shouldn't be done!

  2. I agree with Laurie and George. Things happen for a reason.

  3. I'm still with ya!

    Sounds like your instincts and your plans are fighting it out.

    Perhaps in days of turmoil like this, it is best to do nothing.

    Maybe just percolate some more?

  4. I agree with the others to follow your gut instinct. I look at those feelings as nudges from God to do or not do something. Glad you are back in the blog world. Merry Christmas.

  5. Sounds like you need more time to think through what you really want to do. Maybe not a good time to make quick decisions?? :)

  6. Hello! I just found your blog this afternoon and I'm busy reading some of your posts. Hubby and I would LOVE to retire in 5 years, sell our house, buy an RV and just travel. We LOVE the Sierra Nevada,but our kids are here in So. California (near palm Springs). I'm enjoying reading your posts as you are going through many of the issues that we will in the future...
    ~Cheryl Ann~