Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blue Angels in Town

The Blue Angels are in town and they've done a couple practice flights today. There are so darn many trees around my house that I had a hard time seeing them, but, boy, could I hear them.  I love their noise so I don't have a problem with it.  In years past they've flown right over my house, but apparently not this year.

When my husband was alive and we had a boat, we'd go out on Lake Washington the day of the Seafair hydroplane races just to see the Blue Angels.  It was wonderfully loud and I really enjoyed it.  We didn't have any problems with trees out there, just drunks on other boats.

My husband worked at Flight Test for Boeing and I worked across the street. He'd let me know when the Blue Angels were getting ready to go fly and I'd go over and watch them.  They don't just walk up to their jets, they march and are very  precise.  It was impressive.

When I was visiting my son in Las Vegas a few years ago, he palled around with some guys that worked with the Air Force Thunderbirds so I was able to go to their hangar and even got to meet a few of the pilots.  That was the first time I'd seen the Thunderbirds and being an Air Force brat and Air Force mom, it was a special day.  What struck me was how immaculate their hangar was.  

I went and checked out another consignment store after I went to Silver Sneakers this morning and sent an email later, with pictures.  I'm hoping she'll be interested in my furniture and will accept it for consignment.  


I think I'm supposed to be sorting through stuff for a garage/moving sale, but I'm not.  I'm also supposed to be sanding and painting baseboards in my living room and dining room, but I'm not.  What I am doing is reading blogs and getting caught up.  I've mentioned that before in previous posts.  I'm also getting itchy feet with all my reading and I want to get out on the road!!  

Not that I have to, but I can justify not working on the baseboards.  My living room and dining room get the afternoon sun.  My house is not air conditioned and even with the drapes closed, the heat accumulates. Fortunately, we're staying in the 70s so my house isn't unbearable. Besides, I'm enjoying being out on my patio in the backyard where it's a perfect temperature.

There is a problem when I'm on my computer outside.  I can't stand the mouse pads on laptops so I have a separate mouse but I leave it in the house.  I'm not sure how I do it, but the font size changes and sometimes it's small, then it's larger.  Right now it's small, the paragraph above, it was larger.  Now it's larger.  I'm trying to figure out where on the mouse I'm able to do that but I'm not having any luck.  I don't want to get too curious because I don't want to do anything that would cause me to lose  my post. I've lost too many in the past and that isn't fun.

I guess I've rambled enough for now.  I'm going to go back and read more blogs.

Still loving the sunshine,

Jeana


7 comments:

  1. enjoy the sunshine and the noise from the Blue Angels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm supposed to be.......... me, too. I am getting some done but I take too many breaks. I just want to be in my coach and not have to deal with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked out the artist's link you mentioned on my blog. Love the Buddha in the Airstream! Thanks for sharing her work with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The work will wait - the beautiful weather may not be here tomorrow. Enjoy the Blue Angels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I was in New York (32 years), my rationale was "play while the sun shines." There's always a craptacular day just around the corner perfect for indoor work.

    Tucker is doing great, and I guess he had some sense of where to go for help. Or he was just lucky. We're both crushed out on him, and he can do no wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Blue Angels are awesome. Enjoy them.
    the work will still be there when the nice weather is gone.
    I feel the same way about the mouse thing. And I don't like the key board either. So I had to buy a new desk for up here so I could use a key board. So now I will only have to deal with the key board in the coach.
    Hope the shop takes your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only seen The Blue Angels or Thunderbirds on TV, but would love to see them in person.
    Sounds like you're chipping away at the downsizing stuff. It all takes time, but you'll get there.
    And the sales will be nice in your bank account - good travel money! :)

    ReplyDelete