Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day Three of Moving Sale...Slooooow

I really hate to say it, but today has been a waste of time.  I did what Merikay suggested...






by moving stuff out of the garage onto the driveway and it doesn't appear to have helped much.  Even the free stuff is still here!!  I honestly can't believe the hula hoops didn't sell.  


Funny, as I'm typing this (1:47PM) three people showed up in a row. Nobody bought anything, but they all said they might be back.  Please, please come back and buy something.  One lady that stopped by and admired them, suggested that I ought to try selling my bowling balls.  Huh???  Why do you think they're in my moving sale?  Wouldn't that be considered selling them? Maybe she meant at a shop or something.  


I spent part of my time taking pictures for when I have to itemize my donations for income tax time and the rest of the time eating chips...


As I explained to a friend, I'm in a chip crunching craving mood.  I expect I'll be out of it when all the stuff I didn't sell is boxed and on it's way to Goodwill and/or Salvation Army.  So I'd better do that tonight and not spread this craving out too long.  


Next week at this time I'll be on my way (I'll probably be there since it's 2:10 PM as I type this) to Harrisburg, OR for the RV Maintenance Boot Camp with RVing Women and I'm really looking forward to it.  

I'm really struggling with what to say next so I think that's it for today.  I think the boredom of the weekend has hit me and I'm out of coherent thoughts.  

With that, I'll say so long for now,

Jeana

6 comments:

  1. What a bummer! Since you have everything already organized and priced, why not have another sale? You can wait a couple of weeks and try again?

    I don't know about there, but in San Diego, the American Vets and VN Vets will pick up donations, then you don't have to haul it yourself. See if they are in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you sale was not the greatest. Garage sales can be fickle that way. At least you will have a write off for what you donate. Maybe you can sell some of the larger items on Craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well too bad for the sale today!..you tried!..the chips look yummy!..wanna share?..or is there none left??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave it your best shot!! I have sold on e-bay for about six years...let me tell you..NOTHING is selling. People are just not spending any money if they have any. The politicians should look at the real world and see what is really going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you plan to document your RVW Boot Camp

    ReplyDelete