Saturday, September 10, 2011

My First Grandchild was Born Today...9/10/11

I thought buying a new iPad made this week special, but the birth of my grandson topped that by a mile.   I'm so excited to finally be a grandmother, but I won't get to meet him until Spring when I fly to Germany.  My son, Jason, and his wife, Melanie, want to have him to themselves and I understand.  They both have to go back to work (Air Force) pretty quickly, so I get it.  My son only gets 10 days off, Melanie more.  I think because she had to have a C-section she might get even more time off now.  His name is Kelton John and he weighed 7 lbs 13 oz.  He hadn't been measured when I talked to my son, so I don't have that info.  I don't have pictures yet either, but my son will send them when he can.  In the past 30+ hours he's had 1/2 hour sleep so he might have crashed by now.  I can wait for the pictures.  

I've had a great time with my iPad and I love it.  Thanks for the suggestions on what Apps to get.  I'll have to figure out how to find them then download them.  When I go click on the Apps icon about 5,000+ are available for travel and 18,000+ for games.  It will take forever to find them, if that's where they're located.  

I got kind of frustrated when I was downloading some apps. After the app was downloaded (or is it uploaded???) I'd end up back at page 1 when the app I just down/uploaded was on page 20.  It didn't happen all the time but enough that I got fairly frustrated.  I realize I'm on a learning curve so I'll keep practicing.

Kate and Mike, my renters, were by again today and I'm so glad they're going to be in my house.  I have such a good feeling about them.  From the way they were talking today, I get the impression that my yard is going to look a whole lot better when they're done with it.  That's good.

The more I go through stuff in the house, the easier I'm finding it to get rid of more and more.   I'm going to give myself a year in a motorhome to decide if I want to continue or get back into a house.  Because I'm leaning that way I'm realizing that a lot of stuff I was planning on taking won't fit on a motorhome and why leave it in storage?  Home2Home is going to keep loving me because they'll be the recipients of what I don't take.  


Loving the sunshine,

Jeana

14 comments:

  1. Our sincere congratulations on becoming a grandmother! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on being a gramma!!..lots of babies being born this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday that will be 9-10-11...congrats. Glad you have good renters...that will make things much easier while you decide your future lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new life beginning! Bet you will be a swell Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, we too just became grandparents and new ipad users and found that facetime app. comes in very handy if your son has a ipad or iphone 4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I just became one 16 months ago and I'm still glowing! love it

    pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol.. yes I see where you will send pictures posthaste!... shoulda read better... but so know you're excitement... nothing like it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well? I need to go to bed! your excitement... not the contraction you are... hate it when I do that

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on becoming a grandma. We have 5 grandkids and love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I know how excited you are. And no matter how many come after they will all be as exciting..Hope your son sends pictures for you soon.

    Ipad not my thing I have enough trouble with my camera and the computer. Oh yea and the phone too. YIKES.
    Again happy for your new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations - there is nothing that tops being a Grandma!

    ReplyDelete