Monday, June 6, 2011

Back to the Drawing Board

I took the platform I made for my dog to Olivia today and decided there's no way he could get up on it, so back to the drawing board.  I've already come up with another idea and after I go to Home Depot tomorrow I'll be able to finish it.  Fortunately, I'll be able to reuse the wood so I won't have to buy anymore.  

Today seemed to be a day of decision making.  I decided not to pay for a subscription to Sirius since I have an iPod.  I'll just download a bunch more songs, songs that I choose, not what someone else chooses for me.  I also decided to take my Tom Tom GPS out of Olivia and  take it home and read up on how to use it.  It's a good thing I did because I need to plug it in and charge it.  I was able to get some of my information loaded onto it before what little power it had disappeared.  Another decision and it's a big one...my dog and I are heading for Eastern Washington a week from tomorrow...in Olivia, of course!!!  That means I have a lot of things to do between now and then and how exciting is that.  

I'm going to go visit a friend from graduate school who owns a vineyard and winery in Eastern Washington.  When I was there last year I didn't have a GPS, got lost in the middle of nowhere, and I mean nowhere, and I never want that to happen again.  I stayed with her awhile after we finished grad school and got to know the area pretty well.  I also worked at the Columbia Crest Winery for awhile.  Unfortunately, I couldn't recall the directions from when I lived there before and got panicky out in the middle of nowhere.  It was probably 10 years since I'd been there so I guess it's understandable why I couldn't remember.  Then I'm going to go to Clarkston, WA and stay at the RV park on the Snake River.  I don't know if I'll come back here then go back to Clarkston or how I'll do it.  But I'll have my house on wheels so it won't matter.

It was another lovely sunny day and turned out better than forecasted.  I was dressed for the forecast so I ended up being overdressed.  At least I left the house with my sunglasses.  

That's all for today.

Loving the sunshine,

Jeana




6 comments:

  1. hope your new plan works!!..at least you can reuse the wood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layers. And when you are traveling in Olivia you will have your closet with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to catch up with you again, Jeanna, lots of fun detail in your stories. Glad you are having sunshine, now you can send some down here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you're planning on a trip in your MH real soon. Hope the great weather continues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect place to go to. Have a great time, looking forward to pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos... lots of photos please ;-)

    ReplyDelete